Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rehman, Penelope and Kabir...speak

When accepting the Oscar award, for his music in the movie 'Slumdog Millionaire'A.R. Rehman said (and so well said) - ''When I was young...I had to choose between hate and love...And I chose love...And I am here...''

Profound thought. Expressed with simplicity. I couldn't help but recollect this doha, (brief couplets) from Kabir. Translated from Hindi, it says:

---
..Such is the story of Love, that it cannot be expressed in words.
Like the dumb eating sweets can only smile, he cannot express that..
--end---

Art is an expression of love. And isn't this a great unifier, so said Penelope in her acceptance speech. Spanish actor, Indian musician, British director, American actor all got an Oscar, watched my millions around the world. Cheers...

No comments: